During your visit to the Parliament you will learn about the history of the house, as well as the distribution of seats between the political groups.
- Most Popular!
The Divided Berlin
An impressive guided tour with a contemporary witness to authentic sites.
- Starts at Brandenburg Gate
- 2 Hours and 30 Minutes
- Person (16 Years and Over)
- Young Person (From 9 to 15 Years)
- Child (Up to 8 Years)
Learn about Berlin’s Divided History
For almost 30 years, Berlin was a divided walled in city, a unique situation in the German history. We start at Brandenburg gate – an absolute symbol of division and unification – with the so-called “ghost train” to the “palace of tears” a famous checkpoint in the past.
We continue to one of the “ghost stations”- Nodbahnhof – along the original wall in “Bernauerstrasse”, known for the spectacular escapes out of the windows and through escape tunnels. We go over the border control line – the deathstripe – to the chapel of reconciliation, where we take part in a short service to listen the story of one of 138 victims of the wall.
The end is in the documentation center with a lot of photo, film and press material.
- More Than 15 People in One Group (9 Years and Over): €10 per person
- Start at 10.30 clock at the Brandenburg Gate – in front of the Tourist Info – the city guide can be recognized by the folder with the inscription: BERLINDIVIDUAL TOURS / THE DIVIDED BERLIN AND THE MAUEROPFER, and there is always someone under 0177 341 07 33 to reach.
- Short ride on the S-Bahn to the so-called Tears Palace.
- Continue to “Ghost Station”, the North Station.
- On foot along the original wall in the Bernauer Str., Known for spectacular escapes from windows and through escape tunnels, to the so-called death strip.
- If possible, reading from the so-called Book of the Dead to the fate of one of the 138 victims of the Berlin Wall, which existed alone in Berlin, in the Chapel of Reconciliation.
- Completion is in the Documentation Center with film press and photo material.
You need a ticket for the public transport for this tour.